Herbert Knibiehly, VP marketing at Twenga Solutions
According to you, what are the main trends and innovations in your field market?
The online advertising market is in a state of growth, with advertisers allocating more and more of their budgets to digital channels: in 2015, 23.9% of media spend in France was spent on digital and this figure is expected to reach 25% in 2016. With this growth, there are many big trends we can see on the market right now:
- Personalisation: The data that online retailers collect can provide them with valuable insights on customer preferences, which can then be used to always offer clients the right products and meet their expectations. On the ‘Search Marketing’ channel, targeting through AdWords’ RLSA has recently become available for Google Shopping and allows for user segmentation to only show the most relevant adverts according to their browsing history.
- M-commerce growth: This trend increases in importance every year and in 2015, m-commece represented nearly a quarter of e-commerce traffic in France. One of the main challenges for online retailers right now is to offer an entirely optimised buying experience on this type of device. E-commerce features on social networks and innovations from Google are helping along this trend by proposing sales and promotion tools that are fully adapted to mobile.
- Automated campaign management: Managing acquisition campaigns on several channels such as Google Shopping, AdWords or Facebook is becoming more and more complex as new features are constantly added to the platforms. Automation is a solution to this complexity as it allows us to take the specific features of each platform into account. Bid modification in real time and the different segmentation possibilities also help retailers to improve the profitability of their campaigns.
Who are your current customers and which audience would you like to reach?
Our solutions have been specifically adapted for e-commerce and to online retailers with a monthly ad spend of more than a few hundred euros. Our status as a Premier Google Partner assures our clients that they are going to get the best performance on their Google Shopping and AdWords campaigns:
- For small and medium-sized e-commerce businesses: We have just launched a new Google Shopping algorithm that helps clients with smaller budgets to acquire a maximum amount of traffic at the lowest possible CPC rate. Our e-commerce clients of this size are from various industries such as fashion, furniture or DIY and are generally looking to increase both their visibility and their revenue.
- Large e-commerce businesses: Our technology allows for advanced campaign optimisation for some of the top 100 e-commerce retailers and aims to improve the ROI of their advertising spend. On top of this advanced technology, our account managers monitor campaign performance to ensure the very best service for this type of client. For example, we are currently helping accounts such as AramisAuto, Made.com and Lepape to optimise their Search Marketing investments.
What motivated your decision to take part in E-Commerce Paris, a Paris Retail Week event?
This won’t be the first time we have attended E-Commerce Paris – we have attended several times and it remains an important event for us. It is a great opportunity to speak with online retailers, understand their needs and explain how our solutions can help to improve their sales. It’s also a great opportunity to meet other important e-commerce figures in France, such as some of the partners we have been collaborating with for several years now.