Sophie Lubet, Retail Business Unit Director at Comexposium, tells us more about the trend of the pop-up store, which tends to become a must-have concept of connected commerce.
Key elements about the pop-up stores' trend:
- 52% of French people say that pop-up stores are an effective way of discovering new brands (source: Retailoscope 2016).
- Brands with a network of physical stores see the advantage of the event-driven nature of pop-up stores, to test new concepts or to ensure media coverage as part of a special operation.
- The pop-up store is also a continuation of digital retail. In the same way that distributors and physical retailers have seized the opportunity of e-commerce, e-retailers are becoming aware of the advantages of brick-and-mortal retail to test their products and create specific events around their offer.
- From this trend, a new profession has emerged: selling ephemeral commercial spaces.
- Customer experience is THE priority. The pop-up meets the new needs of consumers to live a different, entertaining experience going beyond the purely transactional aspect of sales.