On Saturday 21st September, the 9th edition of Paris Retail Week — the largest show for retail and e-commerce professionals in Europe — came to a close at Paris Expo Porte de Versailles. The event, which took a more international turn this year, hosted major retail brands and industry-recognised experts — Walmart, Estée Lauder, Ikea, Decathlon, Auchan, Action, Undiz, Veepee, Petit Bateau and Shein — as well as startups shaping the future of retail. Participants were invited to share their own market perspective, experience and innovations during a rich programme of round tables, conferences, pitches, conversations, etc. The whole retail ecosystem came together for Paris Retail Week!
2023 Key Figures
- Around 20,000 professionals over 3 days
- 370 exhibitors
- 200+ conferences
- 40+ startups
- 9 Innovation Awards
“‘The retail industry has been facing uncertainty due to successive crises, which have included the Yellow Vests movement, Covid, the war in Ukraine, France riots and now soaring inflation, which has had a strong impact on consumption patterns. Paris Retail Week’s ambition has always been to provide a comprehensive overview of the latest innovations and key market insights, empowering brands to make informed strategic decisions. The number and quality of French and international brands present and the range of solutions showcased prove the success of this year’s exceptional event.“ - Arnaud GALLET, Head of the Retail Department at Comexposium, Director of Paris Retail Week.
Testimonies From Exhibitors and Speakers
“This is the second year we have attended Paris Retail Week. We are thrilled with the connections we made during the event: more than 100 qualified contacts thanks to the show’s new international orientation and the presence of big retail names. We have significantly expanded our business opportunities. And new projects will be launched very soon!” Tassadit QUIVY, Co-Founder, Yoo Soft.
“I had a wonderful time on stage during Paris Retail Week with the President and CEO of the National Retail Federation, Matthew Shay, to discuss how Walmart continues to create a transparent shopping experience through every channel available, adapting to the evolving needs of our clients and members.” Seth DALLAIRE, Executive VP and Chief Revenue Officer, Walmart US.
“For our very first time joining the event, it couldn’t have gone better. Paris Retail Week gave us an opportunity to test our solution with our target audience and validate its market fit. We have gained more than 80 contacts with well established retailers, as well as smaller businesses that weren’t on our radar yet. Our experience has been overwhelmingly positive: meetings with plenty of brands, insights from super-inspiring entrepreneurs and new conversations with potential partners. Three exceptionally rewarding days.” Alberto BURON, CEO, Nricher.
A Quick Look Back at the Highlights of Paris Retail Week
- Paris Retail Week is always at the heart of industry trends with the publication of research papers, like the one recently released by FEVAD, ‘Ecommerce during the second quarter — Focus on fashion and beauty’; ‘Gen Z and e-commerce’ by FEVAD and KPMG; and ‘Understanding the mutations of retail in a world in crises’ by Havas.*
- The Startup Village, organised in partnership with La Retail Tech and featuring more than 40 startups.
- The Paris Retail Awards ceremony, with 9 categories including the Rookie of the Year Award for the most promising retail startup:
- Agile Customer Journey: Naiz Fit – Size Form & Smart Catalogue
- New Payment Methods: Ingenico – Ingenico’s biometric solution: payment identification based on the veins in the palm
- Marketing: Potions – Cookie-free customised online experience
- Data: Foxintelligence – Ecommerce Now™
- Omnichannel Commerce: Elyn – Elyn Return Management
- Marketplaces: Pacvue– Pacvue Commerce and Ads Integrated Suite
- CSR: each One – All-in-One : Inclusive corporate recruitment solution for refugees and new immigrants
- Logistics: Pickeos – Optistock
- Rookie of the year: nricher – Offer Manager
SEE YOU BACK IN SEPTEMBRE 2024
Featuring an Equipmag Area
*Papers available upon request
PARIS RETAIL WEEK 2024
Rendez-vous in septembre 2024 for the 10th edition of Paris Retail Week, the essential trade show bringing together the whole retail community !
Location / Paris Expo Porte de Versailles — Pavilion 7
About Paris Retail Week
Paris Retail Week, the leading omnichannel retail event, brings together the biggest brands, retailers and solution suppliers for an increasingly immersive experience. The 2023 edition has been held on 19-21 September concurrently with SIEC — Salon International des Espaces Commerciaux — creating an essential yearly business event for the retail community at large. For the past 9 years, Paris Retail Week has provided a platform for retail professionals to gain insight into emerging trends, allowing them to anticipate and find the right partners and solution suppliers.